Episode 189: Breaking Pentecostal Wind

F-bombing priests, the Gospel of Barnabas, an enlightening word study on “pissing on the wall” in the KJV, and a great sermon from Norman Nagel on Acts 4 on the Name of Jesus with a special visit by Robert “Pastor Gas” Tilton.  And Donofrio momentarily loses his wedding band on air.  Wow!

Music creds:

Theme from Dennis the Menace

Mack the Knife – Bobby Darin

Jesus is a Friend of Mine – Sonseed

9 Responses to “Episode 189: Breaking Pentecostal Wind”

1. Miguel says:

I believe “He that pisseth against the wall” is a derogatory term for “men,” sort of the KJV counterpart for calling a woman a “broad.”

According to our Hebrew professor, the phrase refers to a young man of great virility and strength, that is, one who would be a warrior, as opposed to an old man whose stream barely reacheth the wall. Ah, for those days….

3. Mitchell Hammonds says:

Hilarious show! And very informative. Who says theology isn’t fun! By far the best pod show I know!! I can moveth farther away from the wall the longer I go… does this qualify as “great virility and strength.” I’m a firefighter as well so I’m really strong!

4. matt says:

It’s hard to listen and take this show seriously when you’re acting like dorks with the fart noises and the laughing. Wanna reach more people, act like adults. Of course you’ll take this comment as an ad hominem but I’ll explain it to you like I do to Rosebrough – I GOT NO PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU’RE SAYING! It’s how you say it. It’s distracting. Your hijinx get in the way of reaching people. I tried to play the show for other Christians and they’re like, “are these guys serious? These are pastors?”

5. Matt says:

Well I tried to listen further but all you guys did was laugh at your own jokes. You accomplished literally nothing. Way to fail! I’m embarrassed to be a Lutheran because of you. Just a dreadful radio show. No wonder you have few comments and probably even fewer listeners.

6. Matt says:

Oh, I see, you only accept positive comments. Running a rigged game I see.

Nah. I just keep forgetting to check the comment hopper. Thanks for adding to it.

I think we have 14 listeners as of the latest count. The fart jokes were Craig’s idea. We hate our lives.

9. audie says:

I think anything Robert Tilton is improved with fart sounds.