Episode 70: Augsburg Confession (Article 19)

baconA special “bacon edition” of the God Whisperers.  Everything goes better with bacon, right?  We’re talking the cause of sin and article 19 of the Augsburg Confession along with frying bacon in the nude.  You’ll have to hear it to believe it.  Craig has put to together some amazing bump music to top it all off.  Wow!

For a good discussion on this article see Concordia:  The Book of Concord.

Tags: , ,

18 Responses to “Episode 70: Augsburg Confession (Article 19)”

1. Dave Diers says:

I’d go for a video podcast, but only under the circumstance that you two wear no sissy fuzzy bunny slippers!

Dave Diers (listener #7 of 7)
    Chanhassen, Minnesota

We promise to wear only manly bunny slippers, as befitting Manly Drs.

3. SRB says:

I would participate in a chat podcast (so long as it doesn’t conflict with classes, studying, Bible study, pro-life activities, randomly checking Facebook, or picking my nose).

@ SRB: That’s the kind of commitment we value around here.

5. Donofrio says:

Picking my nose right now.

6. Larry says:

God Whisperers have a special bacon edition that I listened to this morning and then this showed up next to my face book page, coincidence? I don’t think so!

7. A chat podcast would be fun. I can even Skype. I’d actually be better off during the day, especially during the afternoon with the kids in school.

Everything is better off with bacon. :)

8. Oh, and please do not, do NOT replace “Jesus is a Friend of Mine” with that chipmunk song. ;)

9. as I said when I called; a live chat would be a hoot and count me in.

Still feel like I need to delete the Manly Drs 13 # from the called list on my cell as it just sounds….wrong instead of being access to the bacon wrapped catechetical goodness. :-)

10. wrmyers says:

Live chat sounds good, hope everyone shows up fully clothed and without embarrassing bacon spatters ANYWHERE. OxyClean for the mind is definitely needed after listening to the early banter of episode 70. Trying to gauge which causes more mental torment, “Jesus is a Friend of Mine”, or visions of clergy frying bacon au naturale. ;-)

11. Jim Anthony says:

Bacon is a friend of mine. Live chat would be great.

12. I will say that the mental picture of nude bacon frying is worse than the earworm bump music at the end! :P

@ David: Our work is done here.

14. Melanchthon says:

Speaking of closing music, have you heard “Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam,” by the Vaselines?

“Jesus don’t want me for a sunbeam,
    Cause sunbeams are not made like me….”

15. Jeremiah says:

I don’t know..have you ever considered having “Jesus is a friend of mine” as the intro music too? That would be really sweet! ;)

We have indeed considered it. However, we have a lot invested in that intro segment. Great idea, though. We’ll give it some though.

17. Nate says:

My pregnant wife just randomly ordered me to make bacon. The GW have to be behind this somehow. I figured this is the best place to lodge my complaint. ;)

Duly noted among our many signs and wonders.